Thanks for the questions on expired domains. I have answered all the ones I could and they are in blue below…
Great post on expired domains, this is right where I am at at the moment so I read it with interest and you might be able to help me out with a few things.
I’ve got a few sites built and have plans for a few and but I’m doing everything myself at present, kind of getting stuck into the trenches and learning things inside out. I’ve got bids on several domains at the moment, some related and some not, I’m trying to bag a few cheap PR5′s just to experiment with.
- PR is good but if you are looking to use the domains for the purposes of promoting your other sites. I think you should focus more on finding sites with quality backlink profiles.
Anyway, I’m unclear with retaining the link juice when you repurpose an acquired high PR domain. You mention redirecting every page in the post but would a plugin like link ‘juice keeper’
or ’404 to start page’ not accomplish this automatically.
- Either of those plugins should be able to work.
The other thing is the hosting. I’m currently doing everything myself on each campaign, in terms of building the content relevant network around my money site. Am I right in thinking that I could use this hosting package for each campaign. Maybe host the money site on hostgator and then all of the feeder sites on the ixwebshosting 15 dedicated ip package. You mention hosting the money site on a different host, but why would that be, if this package is 15 dedicated ip addresses then it shouldn’t be an issue should it?
- You are correct and that is exactly how I do it. My money sites are on hostgator (multiple money sites) and then I have several sets of feeder sites on the same IX WebHosting account. I don’t have a great answer for the ix webhosting for money sites.
I’ve just found your blog from Spencer, I’ve been following him for a while now, he’s a legend. I’ve got 3 sites up myself now, 1 to roll out shortly and 3 more in the planning stages. None making any money yet, other than pennies from adsense, but I’m starting to get rankings now and I expect to start earning in the next few months. I’ve got 3 clickbank and 1 adsense/amazon. I am going to do another adsense and some other affiliate product sites to diversify the portfolio.
- It really sounds like you have a great plan and are on the right track! My only advice would be if you are starting out stay focused on making the 6 sites successful before continuing to move onto the next one. Learning the ropes with the ones you have now is probably a better plan than continuing to build more and more sites.
The aim is to reevaluate at the end of year, take what I’ve learned and outsource and upscale. I’m pretty much working full time on this now so I’m learning fast.
-That sounds amazing- I wish I had the time. You definitely sounds like a smart person going about this the right way and I am sure you won’t have any issues being successful. One thing I found that was a big improvement for me was when I really defined my goals and how I was going to achieve them.
Like learning that each campaign costs about $600 in content. I’m having to order 10 articles for the site and then 40+ for the feeder sites and article submissions etc. All unique quality content though, may I add. And then with the expired domains and press releases it amounts to around that figure. The bonus is being able to order the content from the start, set up the domains and supporting network and then just drop the links in over the next 3-4 months and watch the rankings kick in
- Sounds like about the right figures.
Good work on your blog and your money site anyway, I’ll definitely keep an eye on your blog. Any feedback on my questions would be appreciated.
Hope this helps but if you have any questions let me know.